Friday 1 July 2016


This module was very interesting to me as it was the first time I have ever come across a management module. At first I was struggling to understand the topics, as I found it difficult to relate them to my daily lives. However after a few classes and tutorial sessions, I realise that I have been applying some of the concepts when I was leading groups for assignments as well as project teams in my scholar works. This module gave me an organised way to understand what I did and created a pathway for me to improve my techniques in my roles in a group.

In a nutshell I felt that this is a very practical and flexible module, and it certainly opened my eyes to another part of individual excellence that I can strive for. I believe these knowledge in management will prove useful for me in the future.

Below is our assignment for this module:
We as a group of 6 formed a property development company, named Zerholdings. Among the things we presented in our report include the basic details, the organisational structure, the company culture, our management roles, and our training and development methods.


Presentation Slides


Group Report



Reflection




Through completing this assignment, we strive to apply what we learnt in the class to form a good company. Some examples include the organisational structure, as we took into account of many different point of views to choose what is best for a company like ours.

Problems arose as we split our tasks among different group members. As the group leader it was my duty to solve this problem and to ensure that all the team members were on the same page while completing their respective parts. To achieve this, I asked key questions to make sure everyone knows what we are going for.

There were 6 members in the group and each of us had very different opinions and suggestions throughout the discussion along the way, given that there was no definite way of carrying out this assignment. We utilised our communication skills to bring out our messages clearly during discussions and also in the report and presentations. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment